Sunday, May 14, 2006

Barcamp Mumbai was great !

What I decided to check out for myself turned out to be really good ! Barcamp Mumbai r0cked big time (like a sailor on leave, you might say). What I liked more than anything was the concept and the driving force behind a barcamp. Since this was my first time, I have never been introduced to such a concept previously.

Anyway, we were one of the earliest people who reached the venue by 9 am itself. After a hasty breakfast of sandwich at some IIT canteen, we headed back to KReSIT. By then, people had started tricking in and the WiFi network was on. We had big time trouble connecting Atul's laptop to mine so that he could use WiFi through my laptop. Even after trying many things, we were unsuccessful in doing that and we eventually dropped the idea with Atul going ahead and using his Reliance card.

All the sessions that I attended were useful in some sense or the other. My overall impression after seeing a barcamp is the following :

* It mostly consists of geeks or were-geeks.
* Its a good platform for showcasing your new entrepreneurial ventures/ideas. One gets a look of feedback/suggestions/ideas from the audience.
* Due to the above point, even MBA's can benefit out of the discussions. (my view)
* Due to the ad-hoc nature, people who never had thought out presenting a topic might end up talking about something.
* Good platform for meeting people and sharing ideas about various things.
* Good platform for showcasing product demos etc.

Guess I will stop here even though I feel a lot more could be added. If not helpful, it was informative, to say the least.

PS : The good was good too btw.

Pics :






Links to other pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home