Friday, April 14, 2006

Enna kodumai sir ithu !!

Wanted to write that in Telugu except that I don't know it. But the meaning of the title sums it up. The context being the following link. The only guy who can beat our dear old Captain. And for those who want more. Enjoy !



Its interesting when one sees such out of the world, superhuman actions/stunts. The question is about presentability and context I guess. I am sure many Hollywood movies also have such out of the world concepts and stunts, though in those cases we would be watching watching with our mouths wide open in amazement. (Yes, I agree that we watch the above links too with wide open mouths - but in laughter !). Whats the difference one might question ? For one, the way it "looks". I often wonder whether such directors are that stupid to take such scenes. Maybe its fan pressure. Another difference is the practical context. In a movie which is supposed to be treated realistically, such scenes throw you completely off mood. Maybe in a concept movie, this might have appeared better. But then, our people are so afraid of taking such concept movies. After all, in the end its the audience that matters and I consider myself a part of its minority.

Goes to show that we need much better expertise in taking movies before we can start comparing ourselves with Hollywood. But I completely agree that we have the required talent and skills in many of our actors, directors, singers, music directors etc.